Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THREE...LIAM*

*Updated with photos



My Sweetest Liam,

I am finally getting around to writing this little love note to you, my three-year-old baby boy. Oh wait, you're not a baby anymore! But you still have your lovely baby face...and maybe you always will.

You are pure joy from the moment you wake up. You have a true zest for life...you love many things including- running, singing, climbing, building, coloring, trucks, cars, dancing, laughing, riding your bike and pretty much anything with water. You do NOT love amusement park rides or being embarrassed. Physically, you are a force to be reckoned with...or you will be once you realize your own size and strength. As much as you love the rough and tumble stuff, you have a gentle, sensitive side that I just love. Snuggling with you is pure magic.

You tend to wear your heart on your sleeve which means that your feelings are easily hurt. Luckily, you are usually quick to forgive. However, if your stubborn side shows itself, we all have to brace ourselves. If you decide something isn't happening, well, it probably isn't (like potty-training, for example). Your sense of humor is one of your best qualities! You sometimes have a sing-song quality to your speech, which can make what you are saying even funnier. These days, you LOVE the Backyardigans and listening to you sing that theme song is one of my favorite things.


While I know that we share a great bond, I am also aware of how close you are to your Daddy. You love going places, just the two of you. I think it makes you feel special to have one-to-one time with Daddy. In return, Daddy loves taking you just about anywhere. Your Grammy (my mom) has a particular soft spot for you.

You love having a buddy and your best buddy by far is Michael. Michael is on a real creative streak and you are right there with him, despite being a year younger. You can hold your own & that is just amazing to me. Watching your relationship with him evolve and grow is one of my best experiences as your mommy. I hope you always stay close with Michael. And of course, your love for Chloe has been overwhelming from the moment you first met her. Chloe adores you and if she isn't with you & Michael, then she just isn't happy. You are her greatest fan and protector.

I cherish you Liam...for being exactly who you are- a sweet, sensitive, loving little guy who makes me laugh every day. I am excited to see what the coming year holds for you & being here to witness and support all the changes that are to come.

I want you to remember, that no matter how many years go by, you will always, always be my baby!

We love you so much Liam!!!!
Love,
Mommy


No comments: