Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 2010 Part I

Where to begin friends?  I've been reading but not writing but that just means I've been busy with real life which isn't a bad thing!

Let's just start with my birthday (Dec. 11th) and go from there, okay?  Okay!

I had a great birthday- starting out with a yummy breakfast and ending with dinner that I didn't have to make!  I find meals/cleanup so, so tedious...for me, this was a gift in itself.  The boys were super cute with cards and presents for me.  And my parents are always so generous (they took us all out for breakfast!) and my brother got me a bookstore gift card.  In fact, I just bought 2 books with it today!
There is a birthday cake in front of us but that got cut out!
So my birthday was fun and I don't really mind being 37 even though that means that 40 is looming.  Age is okay with me- as long as I stay healthy and can keep up with these 3 little fireballs!!  The day after we went to Mike's Mom's house and she cooked a delicious dinner and cake.  I felt extra special for that weekend & that is always a great feeling.

Around that weekend and after, the holiday festivities really got rolling with events at preschool and church, parties, etc.  Here is a quick pic of the boys singing Christmas carols for us...
As you can see, Michael (grey) was involved but Liam was less than thrilled.  Not sure what was up with him that day!
Due to a delay in funds, my Christmas shopping was done in two days, under some degree of stress.  I was hoping to be able to take care of things about 2 weeks in advance.  But no such luck- I ended up running around like a chicken with my head cut off until everything was taken care of.  On the up side, I did NOT leave the wrapping of gifts for the last minute.  I did a little each night and finished up on the 23rd.  Christmas Eve was fun and non stressful as a result.
Christmas Eve- above with my parents, below with my brother and his fiance
BTW, the boys are making reindeer antlers not devil horns- although the latter might be more appropriate.


We went to Christmas Eve mass with my Mom and Mike's Mom.  We had my family plus Mike's Mom at our house for food and treats on Christmas Eve.  It was alot of fun with yummy eats.  Mike's brother and his boyfriend arrived around 9:30 and helped us finish up our Santa-assisting duties (thank heaven for that!).  It was fun to have them here on Christmas morning- they filmed us coming downstairs with the kids and took some pictures for us.  We really never get that- usually Mike or I are doing the film/camera duties.  We had a relaxing morning, waffles and sausage for breakfast, the kids played...we didn't have to be anywhere until late afternoon which was fantastic!
Santa arrived as expected!
The kids got WAY too much stuff but we are grateful to our families for their generosity!  I always feel like so much momentum builds as Christmas approaches and then the actual holiday itself is a blur.  I did feel that way this year but tried to pause here and there to really soak in the moment & enjoy it.
Liam checking to see if Santa had his milk and cookies...indeed, he did!

Chloe in sensory overload!

The first year we had a hard to find gift- Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash (given by Mommy and Daddy).

Unwinding after all the unwrapping...Chloe in her new Flyers jersey sucking down a much-deserved bottle.
No, I haven't gotten rid of her bottles yet!


I can't seem to get entirely out of the caption mode here but this takes us up to Christmas.  I think I will save the rest of the holiday wrap-up for the next post.  Hope your 2011 is off to a great start!

P.S.: Mike won "Find Jesus 2010"...he is still gloating!


1 comment:

MamaK said...

Love it! all of it! Tell your mom I say hi :) and what book did you buy?? I love those gift cards. I get to return a duplicate book- yay! Almost too hard to pick. Nice work with the wrapped gifts by the tree! And congrats to Mike for finding Jesus! We play... at work (Guffaw) for bragging rights and a starbucks gift card. Fun times.

ps- no lie, the word verification is "welaggin" get it? after the holidays, "we lagging" behind :)