Friday, April 23, 2010

Just a few tidbits...

1. At the beginning of the week, Mike was laid off from his job. Luckily, he is eligible to file for unemployment benefits.

2. UNLUCKILY, it will cost a million dollars for us to maintain our health benefits once they expire at the end of the month. Well, okay, not a MILLION dollars but that's what it feels like. We are exploring our options.

3. I am going to start selling Tupperware as a way to bring in some funds. This was already in the works (to bring in extra funds-ha ha, what are those?) and now I am just thankful I have a plan in motion. Keep your fingers crossed that this goes well! I will pursue other options if necessary.

4. While it sucks for Mike to lose his job, it's so nice to have him around all day. I am much less tired. I didn't even take a nap today- that's unheard of! And I haven't had caffeine in the morning for 3 days now. It makes me think that maybe I don't have chronic fatigue syndrome but maybe it's managing all these kids that wears me out?

5. Chloe is enjoying her adventures in eating solids. Well, they aren't that solid at this point but so far she has tried rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, squash, pears and applesauce. The only thing that gave her a little tummy trouble so far was the applesauce- just gas but it was definitely uncomfortable for her. I am thinking about trying bananas next! I love these early feeding experiences, I find it so much fun to see the baby's reactions to different flavors and textures. Chloe already wants to feed herself so that makes it extra fun/messy but I admire her confidence!

6. Michael and Liam are still loving their two mornings of preschool. I am praying that I can afford to pay their May tuition- the last month before summer camp starts. I am not planning to put them into the summer program but I would like them to finish out the year.

7. A nap revolt has begun this week...and we were in such a good groove. I hope that this phase passes quickly because I really can't stand sleep wars.

8. Liam was showing signs of being ready to potty train. That interest was not maintained.

9. Liam also has an ear infection this week, complete with a punctured ear drum. He is such a trooper and I love his courage but I wish he would be more forthcoming when something is hurting him.

10. I am trying not to freak out about #1 but I am really nervous. We just survived a massive financial crisis last year and this lack of income could throw us over the edge again. I am going to do everything I can to prevent that from happening!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

keeping you guys in my prayers!

Emily said...

Oh, yikes, I'm so sorry! That is super stressful. Good luck looking into the options and figuring things out. It seems like you have a positive outlook so far, that's good.

Mom vs. the boys said...

oh so sorry to hear that, soooo stressful. I always wish for my husband to be around more but not under those circumstances!

Mary O said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this! You sound very positive, so that is a good thing.

I've got my fingers crossed that you hub. finds another job soon.