Question of the Day: How do I expect my children to get themselves together when I can't seem to do that myself?
We received our first Christmas cards yesterday-and I FINALLY ordered mine today. I swear, this kind of stuff was easier when I worked. But they will get out one way or another! So if we aren't already on each other's mailing lists and you want to be...let me know. Email is jtvent02 at yahoo dot com.
The laundry has again become a mountain...why do I let this happen? And why is it so hard to tame?
I have a new full time job-- her name is Chloe. I do not recall this big of a jump once each of the boys became independent walkers. It's as if all of the sudden, Chloe sees EVERYTHING in the room (cords, laundry basket of folded clothes, mail within reach, mommy's purse accidentally left on the floor, to name a few). She is a delight but boy does she keep me BUSY!
The Christmas tree is up and this is one area that Chloe isn't completely obsessed with. She likes the tree, and maybe once day she will decide to inspect the ornaments that are low enough for her to reach. But the tree is still standing and she is much more likely to go for the stairs (if the gate is open). The boys did most of the decorating with me unwrapping/handing out ornaments- they did a great job. I didn't move any of them- except out of Chloe's reach as needed...a big step for me. And you know what? It's my favorite tree yet!
Our tree is artificial- but there are enough "needles" falling that you get a live tree effect. All I need to do is light an appropriate candle and it's just like the real thing. After 2 years of over-priced trees that ended up drying out RAPIDLY, we bought an artificial (not pre lit) and it was a good decision for sure. I am sure that at some point, we will switch back to cutting down a fresh one but for now, this works!
Mike went to the Flyers game this evening (free tickets with VIP parking!) and is going out tomorrow night with friends. This is all fine with me because it's good for him to get out once in a while & it also earns me "going out" credits :)
Mike was home today and the boys had "Happy Birthday Jesus" parties at preschool. Since there are two of them & they are in different classrooms, we needed both parents. Also, it was a no sibling event so my mom cuddled with Chloe while we hung out with the boys. I went with Liam and Mike went with Michael and then all the classes joined together for snacks and Christmas songs. It was so much fun- pictures to come :) Oh wait, I do have one of Liam and I already uploaded...
I am still struggling with behavior issues. The introduction of the "Elf on the Shelf" (ours is named ICE CUBE) has not had the desired effect. I just need to get my own reactions under control and then we might start to make progress- that is my latest hypothesis to be tested...
We are just kind of perking along, getting excited for the holidays, keeping busy with lots of activities and trying to keep up with the basics at the same time. I have a feeling that before I know it, I'll be wondering where December went!
No comments:
Post a Comment