Monday, February 7, 2011

Good News!!

I am all too happy to report some very, very good news for one of my friends who was potentially facing some tough choices.  This was one that I was so, so cryptic about to respect her privacy.  Once again, I will tell you limited information- but more than last time.

She is currently pregnant and a recent ultrasound revealed some pretty serious concerns for the baby.  She and her husband chose to have an amnio to gain more information (the first of decision points because it's kind of early in the pregnancy-too early for her to go into labor so the amnio carries some risk).  Her preliminary results from that test showed that the baby is healthy and not suffering from the complications that were feared.  So they are spared having to make any other decisions at this point.

I was ecstatic to hear this news this morning!!  What a way to start the week :)  This is one of my dearest, most treasured friends and I prayed and hoped so much that everything would turn out okay.

Gotta get back in my groove--too much going on and it's keeping me from writing!

*Added later:
I feel like I want to add into this comment that my friend's medical decisions did not involve termination of the pregnancy. But the baby would be facing serious problems and there was a possibility that the baby would not have survived. So they would have had decisions to make around those circumstances.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Whew! I can't imagine the kind of stress that wondering would bring. Happy for your friend and that you can worry less.