Friday, January 21, 2011

Chinese Jumprope

I don't know about you but my friends and I spent a considerable amount of time playing regular jumprope and chinese jumprope during recess.  I went to Catholic school and our 'playgrounds' left much to be desired.  There were no swings or anything of that sort.  They were more like parking lots (literally).

You had to make your own fun.  We played lots of games- some of them as I recall were quite strange.  Has anyone ever heard of a game called "The Witch in the Well"?  OMG, that's a whole post in and of itself.  Let me make a note of that...you are in for a treat & will probably question whether or not you should continue to read this blog.  Unless you have heard of it...then you will just wonder about yourself.


I digress...where was I?  Oh yeah, Chinese Jumprope.  I got one for Mike (from Old Navy of all places) as a stocking stuffer.  I thought we would have some fun with it...and I was right!!

We finally broke it out this past week.  I showed the boys how to do it.  At first, I think they were a little confused.  But by the second time we tried it, they got it.  I am definitely cherishing these moments when laughter comes easily and we are all together just having fun.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh I loved Chinese jumprope!!

And you are totally right about the Catholic school playgrounds -- they are parking lots. :) And we weren't allowed to really run because they were afraid of us falling (?!). So we played jumprope or foursquare.

We also made up our own weird games. I've never heard of Witch in the Well, but we had a game called In The Furnace. So there you go. ;)

A, said...

I don't know what a chinese jump rope is, but I know I have to get one. We double dutched alot in our catholic school parking lot at recess.