A delicate topic...toddler constipation...any ideas on how to fix this problem when you see the signs? Other than the extra fruit, pear juice type solutions? This is another one that I can and will ask my pediatrician about but I also want to benefit from real world advice.
Michael had been showing the signs of becoming constipated but was not completely "blocked" so I figured it would work itself out. Last night after he was asleep, I went upstairs to turn off his light. I smelled something while I was walking up the steps. I thought that there must be a skunk outside and the smell was wafting in. Um, no...the smell was coming from Michael. Thankfully, this was not an explosive situation but it was pretty gross. God Bless Pampers!
I feel like a terrible mother for not helping to alleviate his problem sooner- I didn't realize how bad it was. Any ideas/remedies??
5 comments:
Will he eat prunes? Calum LOVES them. He actually doesn't have a constipation problem, so we have to limit the prunes to 1/day. He calls them "big raisins." I hear more, undiluted fruit juice helps too, along with eliminating apples & carrots.
no clue- sorry. For gas, we use GRIPE WATER - basically diluted herb water (fennel, anise seed, ginger)- helps with digestion but I'm not sure about blockage!
and don't feel like a bad mom- we're all figuring it out as we go, yes???
Is he a big milk drinker? Katy is a milk addict, and once in a while, she'll get constipated, and I cut her milk/dairy way way down and push water, juice, and fruit as much as possible. That has taken care of the problem for us. I don't know if that helps much!
Thank you for all of the great suggestions! I haven't tried prunes, didn't think about the milk junkie effects (he has been lately!) and absolutely appreciate the great advice/support :)
I recently found Philips Milk of Magnesia for kids ages 2 and up at Target! This is the only thing I can use for myself (sorry TMI I know! LOL) so I was super excited that they made it for kids as well. I've used it on Hailey once when nothing else was working and it seemed to do the trick :)
Post a Comment