Happy November!
I can't believe I am typing this but I have just a little over a month to go before my due date...I keep saying to myself, how has this gone by so fast? Truthfully, the first 2/3rds did NOT go by quickly at all but once the 3rd trimester arrived, the passage of time feels faster.
I think I have finally started to hit a period of being organized and that has brought about a sense of calm. We have made steady process towards preparations & that has eased alot of my anxiety. Having certain things in order helps me feel ready. I feel very strongly that this baby will arrive early so having the physical environment ready is comforting to me...this is the most "nesty" I have ever been.
I am still going to try to post each day for NaBloPoMo- no promises though! Today the boys were up bright and EARLY- ugh. They are currently sacked out--I am very thankful for that because I think I will be hitting the hay early as well. We went to my niece and nephew's birthday party this afternoon, so the party + early rising + no naps = tired family.
On another note, one bummer piece of news I recently learned about: the hospital where I will deliver is not allowing any visitors under the age of 16 at all. I am sure many hospitals are implementing these types of policies. Of course, I completely understand with the swine flu/flu concerns--which are most definitely present in our area-- they have to be extra careful. I am not particularly surprised. Still, it bums me out because Michael was actually present for Liam's birth- along with Mike's mom and my mom..and of course Mike. And it was wonderful...to give Michael one last bottle while I was in labor (before it got intense)...to have pics of Michael looking at Liam in the baby warmer right after he was born...amazing to have those precious memories. Now I am guessing that the boys won't even be able to visit us based on the current policy.
Please know, I am not thinking that hospitals shouldn't be taking every precaution and obviously we will follow whatever rules we need to...it still makes me sad. Somewhere in my mind, I envisioned all of us together for this birth as well. So I am adjusting my vision and know that things will fall into place no matter what- and we will have more pictures than we ever imagined.
I am hopeful that this new month is a peaceful one and that we can continue to feel more and more ready for "Baby Sassy" :)
2 comments:
That is a bummer about the hospital's policy. I opted not to have my boys come to the hospital when I had my third, just because I had a c-section and didn't want them to see me all sick-like.
I bet your last month will go by super fast!
Harper didn't meet Michael until almost a month after he was born, due to the restrictions in the NICU. It was so bizarre! I'm sorry that you won't be able to have the boys with you, but at least they will be together and get to meet their new sibling at the same time.
Post a Comment